|The forum engine is based on UseBB 1 Forum Software, http://www.usebb.net/.
This FAQ is about the original board engine, UseBB. Some features are changed in "SMSTools3 Community" implementation, but this F.A.Q. text is not yet updated.
Do I need to register?
What are the benefits of registering?
- Registration is required to post in this forum. Registration also gives you some additional features.
What do I need to register an account?
- First of all, you get a personal account with your nickname which will be only available to you. You also get a personal profile where you can give some additional information about yourself if you like and you can adjust the forum to your wishes via the Edit Options feature, which may also include choosing a language and template setting. A very interesting feature is the possibility to subscribe to topics.
I didn't receive the activation e-mail!
- To register, you need to choose a nickname (username) which will be the key to your account. If you like, you can also use your real name instead of your nickname. Note you can't change your username by yourself after registering, although you can change your displayed name at any time while your username stays the same. You also need to have a working e-mail address (as it may be required to activate your account) and you have to choose a password (which you can change afterwards).
What if I forget my login info or my e-mail address doesn't work anymore?
- Make sure the e-mails are not blocked by anti spam software. In the login form there is an option to resend activation e-mail.
What are moderators and administrators?
- You can always request a new password via the link on the login form. If your e-mail address doesn't work anymore or if you have forgotten it, contact an administrator. He/she may give you the e-mail address you registered with or adjust your account to your new and working e-mail address.
How do I become a moderator or administrator?
- A moderator is a person which checks one or more forums for inaccurate posts. He/she may also help the users in his/her forum. An administrator is a moderator on all boards, also he/she can assign moderators and change all configuration options of the forum.
Can I change my rank?
- Normally, you can't, but try asking the administrator if you are interested.
- No, only administrators can give users a custom rank.
How do I subscribe to topics?
How do I unsubscribe from topics?
- On the bottom of each topic, you'll find a link to subscribe yourself to it. You can only subscribe to topics if you are logged in.
- You can unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link or via the subscription overview in your panel.
How can I change my username?
What's the difference between Username, Displayed name and Real name?
- You can not change your username (login name) yourself. Only the board administrator is allowed to do that. You can however change your displayed name at any time.
My language is missing in the drop down box!
- Your username, which you use to log in onto the forums, is constant, you can't change it. Your displayed name (which is upon registering equal to your username) is the name displayed publicly. You can always change this name. Note you will still have to log in with your constant username. Your real name, which is optional, is only shown on your profile page.
Why can't I select another template?
- Ask the administrator of this board whether he/she wants to add a translation for your language.
- No other templates are available on this board.
Topics and Posts
What are topics and posts?
What are sticky topics?
- A topic is a group of messages (posts) in a certain forum. If you click the name of a forum on the forum index, you can see an overview of topics in that forum.
Why can't I post new topics or replies?
- Sticky topics are designed to always stay on top of the topic overview. Generally, normal users can not create sticky topics, but moderators and administrators can.
What are BBCode and smilies?
- If no link appears to create new topics or posts, you are not allowed to make new topics or posts in that forum. This may either be a setting of the forum or the topic may have been closed by a moderator. In doubt, contact the administrator.
My post count does not increase when posting!
- BBCode are tags which you can use to add certain elements to your post. Try some and preview your post to see the effect. Smilies are used to express emotions in your posts.
Why do I have to wait a certain amount of time between posting?
- In certain forums, post count increasing may have been disabled. This is common for testing or general chat forums.
- Flood protection is used to ommit spamming or flooding the server with posting requests. Please wait for a moment and resubmit the post.
I don't receive any e-mails from this board!
What's the RSS feed?
- Make sure the e-mails are not blocked by anti spam software. If not, the e-mail address set up in your profile may not work anymore.
Where in my profile can I place my Google Talk account?
- RSS feeds are used to fetch recent information from a website or a forum to view in a news/RSS reader or some browsers.
- Google Talk is an IM network using the Jabber/XMPP protocol. You can place your account name (completely, including the domain name) in the Jabber/XMPP profile field.
Who made this forum? What is UseBB?
Are the creators of UseBB responsible for this forum?
- This bulletin board, called UseBB, is developed by the UseBB Team. UseBB is Open Source software released under the GPL. You can download UseBB for free from www.usebb.net. Note the administrator(s) of this forum/website may have added additional functionality.
I have a complaint about this forum. To whom should I direct?
- No, this board is maintained by the website's webmaster(s). The UseBB Team can not be held responsible for this forum in any way.
- If you have a complaint about the forum software itself, not the content, you are welcome to tell the UseBB Team. For any other inquiries, please contact the administrator(s) of this forum/website.