maybe it is helpfull for some other guys:
we bought such an device from Medion in germany.
A test with smstools3 was not successfull: always Error 500 when sending a SMS.
receive was ok.
Hm, it was strange.
Than we tested it in windows, with the 'on stick' software.
It was also not successfull.
We played a little bit arround and suddenly the SMS was sent.
We changed the settings to GSM.
So we compared the differend outputs of at&v and detect the command
as the solution.
Before it was set to "IRA" what ever this means.
So simply try to use this command as init string in the smsd.conf
For us it works (after hours of searching)
One other problem:
The modem takes awfull long untill the /dev/ttyUSB0 is available (20 seconds)
smsd does no try to re open the device.
(We use debian and so udev creates this devices by itself)
So I wrote now a script wich stays in the background till the device is available and than start
But that is not the best solution.
« Last edit by infratec on Thu Apr 01, 2010 13:05, 38 months ago. »