SMS Server Tools 3
This site is hosted by Kekekasvi.com
 Menu
Basic information:
Additional information:
Support:
Get SMS Server Tools 3:
Additional Options

 Sponsored links

 Search
Custom Search

 Visitor locations
 
 SMS Server Tools 3 Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Sat May 25, 2024 11:48
SMSTools3 Community » Help and support Bottom

[fixed in 3.1.12] Filename issues

  This topic is locked

Page:  1

Author Post
Member
Registered:
Mar 2010
Location: Mexico
Operating system name and version: Windows XP SP3 (cygwin)
Version of smsd: 3.1.8
Smsd installed from: sources
Name and model of a modem / phone: Sierra 885
Interface: USB

Hello everybody

I am experiencing a new issue, after reinstallation of the whole system, I use messageId as filenames, and they are from a DB therefore they are unique, the thing is that sometimes when files are moved from outgoing to checked, and from checked to failed or sent, respectively, smsd adds a random extension to the file, the issue arises when (i have no idea why) the file gets a super long extension 170+ characters, seems like smsd doesnt recognize it and it stops sending at all

This is my smsd.conf


Administrator
Registered:
May 2009
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
I have to check this more deeply later, but can you show what kind is the filename when this issue happens? And what is in the log "Moved file..."?

And what says ps -ef when the smsd has stopped sending? Also, does it write anything to the log?

Member
Registered:
Jun 2010
Location: tx, United States of America
Along those lines....how do you customize the file names? I was wanting to create the filename from the ph# and a timestamp.


and P.S. - THANK YOU to the dev team for an awesome job well done...

Member
Registered:
Mar 2010
Location: Mexico
Topic owner
Hello, the filename its originally called 1890962 and here is the log, its cropped but its a cycle


And then it keeps going like this until it gets to be a filename of 245 chars



After it fails and the smsd gets restarted they just sit there waiting for messages to send, but there are some after the one file with 245chars filename

I've noticed that it sometimes say its a file permission issue, but does not make sense since, its one every few hours (9-15) that fails, it also says it deletes the file but does not actually do it

The issue started since i updated the smstools from 3.1.6 to 3.1.8, i am planning on upgrading to 3.1.11 also, how can i achieve that?

Administrator
Registered:
May 2009
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
michel wrote
The issue started since i updated the smstools from 3.1.6 to 3.1.8, i am planning on upgrading to 3.1.11 also, how can i achieve that?

Thanks for the brief report.

I will check this issue later, because I cannot do it right now.


« Last edit by keke on Fri Jun 25, 2010 07:03, 169 months ago. »
Administrator
Registered:
May 2009
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
I can reproduce this issue now. The problem happens with 3.1.6 and 3.1.11 too, but a slightly different. I try to check what causes this and how to fix it. But I'm not sure when I can release a fix.

In the meanwhile, you could change delaytime setting to 1. Also the delaytime_mainprocess could be 1, which may save the CPU. These settings with a value 1 do not slow down your messaging. As long there are files in the spooler, processes will handle them without delays. When the spooler is empty, these delays have effect. When you place couple of files to the outgoing directory, it will take no more than one second until the sending starts.

If you have large number of files to send, like thousands, you can use the global setting ignore_outgoing_priority = yes to speed up your system.

  This topic is locked

Page:  1

SMSTools3 Community » Help and support Top

 
Time in this board is UTC.  

Privacy Policy   SMS Server Tools 3 Copyright © Keijo Kasvi.