SMS Server Tools 3
This site is hosted by Kekekasvi.com
 Menu
Basic information:
Additional information:
Support:
Get SMS Server Tools 3:
Additional Options

 Sponsored links

 Search
Custom Search

 Visitor locations
 
 SMS Server Tools 3 Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Thu May 23, 2024 03:58
SMSTools3 Community » Help and support Bottom

[solved] After update to 3.1.14 Modem is not registered

  This topic is locked

Page:  1

Author Post
Member
Registered:
Oct 2010
Location: Germany
Operating system name and version: FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p4 amd64
Version of smsd: v3.1.14
Smsd installed from: FreeBSD Ports System
Name and model of a modem / phone: Teltonika G10 USB Modem
Interface: USB

I had a working setup with a Teltonika G10 USB Modem on my FreeBSD Server. But since ive updated to v3.1.14 smstools3 isnt working anymore (have had v3.1.5 installed up to v3.1.12 which was the last version which worked for me)
I've tried the SIM Card in an ordinary phone, and its working (can make calls and send sms). I've rebooted the server, and also did an reinstall of smstools3. But nothing helped for me.

smsd.log (just an extract vom the whole log. it continues with these "MODEM IS NOT REGISTERED, WAITING 1 SEC. BEFORE RETRYING X. TIME" messages)


smsd.conf:


Anyone could help me with this? Tell me if you need more information :/


« Last edit by oposum on Sun Oct 17, 2010 14:29, 165 months ago. »
Administrator
Registered:
May 2009
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Remove the setting init = ATZ. It puts "echo ON", and this causes problem when a status of registration is checked.

I think that your modem does not require ATZ, but if it does, you have two alternative choices:

- Use init = ATZ and init2 = ATE0. This sets "echo" back to OFF.

- Use init = ATZ and loglevel_lac_ci = 8. This causes that changes of Cell ID are not monitored even when using loglevel 7.

Member
Registered:
Oct 2010
Location: Germany
Topic owner
Thanks keke for your very fast answer.

You were right, i have had to remove the "init= ATZ" string in my smsd config-file!

smsd.log:


At first I was very happy about that, but i tried to send a short message to test it, and ... it failed, with an error i cannot interpret.
Log output (i have put in some "x" on the phonenumber for privacy ;)):



So, what now? :(

Administrator
Registered:
May 2009
Location: Jyväskylä, Finland
Very strange... :shock: First everything is ok, but after the PDU is sent, the modem goes wild. CME 100 means "unknown" and CMS 303 means "operation not supported". But it does not make any sense that those errors are repeated and there is also prompt (>) characters repeated. It looks like the modem crashed.

Why did you initially use that ATZ command in the initialization? Perhaps it still has something to do with this issue?

After 3.1.12 there are no any remarkable changes which may cause this kind of a problem. Checking for status of registration is different, but should not cause this. In the smsd.conf you could try with loglevel_lac_ci = 8, if it makes any difference. If the problem still remains, keep that settings and put init = ATZ back and retry.

Member
Registered:
Oct 2010
Location: Germany
Topic owner
I got the whole config from an FAQ on a german webshop, where i have bought this modem. So i did not think just a second about this, took the config and modified it, that this will be working under FreeBSD.

Hm, because you said "it looks like the modem crashed" i went to the server and unplugged the modem und plugged it in again. Then i started smsd and now it is working again! So smsd is starting correctly + SMS could be successfully been sent. Seems to be "fixed" for me. I dont know why this config has been working for me for versions of smstools older than v3.1.14.

My smsd.conf looks like this now:


Thank you very very much for help! Keep up the good work! :)

  This topic is locked

Page:  1

SMSTools3 Community » Help and support Top

 
Time in this board is UTC.  

Privacy Policy   SMS Server Tools 3 Copyright © Keijo Kasvi.